Saturday, October 15, 2011

YW Manual 3 Lesson 38

There are so many factors that contribute to a healthy lifestyle. I was reading over Section 89 and noticed something I had just skimmed over previously.
Verses 2 and 3 of Section 89:
2. To be a greeting, not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation and the word of wisdom, showing forth the order and will of God in the Temporal salvation of all saints in the last day.
3. Given for a principle with promise adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints, who are or can be called saints.
Verse 4 is so powerful: in consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, have warned you and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom.
You know hindsight is 20/20, I can not doubt that our Father in Heaven knows all. After hearing that tobacco CEO's, CFO's and others conspired to attract people to their product and keep them returning for more.
I can not help but wonder if my addiction to cola's, while not specifically mentioned in the WoW, is really included. Especially after reading verse 3, "adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints, who are or can be called saints" I am so weak when it comes to Cola, making me a slave to the caffeine and sugar... Something I should probably ponder and pray about.
Anyway enough about me and my personal revelation this week.
A strong temporal and spiritual being is what the Lord needs from his youth in these last days. This week I have made two handouts this week, one focusing on the spiritual attributes and one on the temporal attributes that our youth need to make it through some of the most difficult times of their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment